Monday, February 20, 2012

To my friend...

It has now been over 6 months that, due to various commitments, I have been back in Canada. Romania and especially my new-found Romanian family is missed every single day.

Today, however, I need to write my farewell to one of my "students" in Romania: a man whom, in the too short time I knew him, has left an everlasting and ever-sweet impression in me... a man who has recently passed away... a man whom I love dearly.

He had fought a long and hard battle... but the only thing one noticed was his smile, his love of life and his enthusiasm. Numerous were the times during my course when I wished to myself that he would talk instead of me. I did not know him for very long, but from what I saw, he sailed through life with incessant humor, wisdom and optimism.

I will always remember his peace, his inner beauty... and the funny way he answered his phone. His family, I know for sure, will miss him terribly... My dear friend, wherever you are, I am sure you will keep being happy and, now, pain-free! A part of my heart will always be yours ...

No comments:

Post a Comment